#144 Unlocking Growth: How the FASD Brain Evolves and Why Your Efforts Matter
Feb 05, 2024
Dive into the mysteries of brain development in our latest episode of The FASD Success Show, featuring the incredible Dr. Catherine Lebel. This episode is a treasure trove of insights for caregivers who navigate the challenging but rewarding path of FASD caregiving.
In this episode we uncover:
- The Resilient Brain: Explore how the FASD brain's journey of growth continues into the thirties, offering hope for ongoing development and learning.
- Harnessing Neuroplasticity: Learn about the brain's remarkable ability to adapt, why early interventions can be transformative, and how to leverage this adaptability to support your child.
- The Power of Research: Dr. Lebel shares her pioneering work, revealing how children with FASD may exhibit unique patterns of brain connectivity that can guide more personalized care strategies.
- Adolescence and Beyond: Discover the potential for a developmental 'catch-up' in older children and adolescents with FASD, and what this means for long-term support and strategies.
- Seeing Beyond the Scan: Understand the limitations and possibilities of MRI in diagnosing and researching FASD, and how it helps us understand the nuanced changes in brain structure.
This episode is not just about the hard science; it's about infusing your journey with the understanding and strategies that can foster true FASD success. So, join us as we delve into these topics and more, weaving science, caregiving, and heartfelt storytelling into a narrative that speaks directly to you—the dedicated caregivers shaping the future of FASD.
Engage with the FASD Success community on our Facebook Page: FASD Caregiver Success and join the conversation in our Parent and Caregiver Facebook Group: FASD Caregiver Success Group.
Stay updated with the latest episodes and resources by subscribing to Jeff Noble's YouTube Channel: FASDSUCCESS - YouTube and follow on Instagram: Jeff Noble (@fasdsuccess) and Twitter: @JeffjNoble.
Remember to sign up for our Newsletter to be notified of new podcasts and events and become a part of our growing team committed to FASD success!